Primary areas of Foundation support:
- access to chromebook technology
- maximum access to school programs
- fine arts
- educational innovation
- environmental issues
- student and staff wellness
- leadership development
The Foundation seeks funds to supplement District 225’s educational programs in three areas:
- Technology, to help provide technological resources for all students to participate fully in the digital learning environment of the 21st century.
- Social engagement, to ensure that all students have financial resources to engage with other students and staff through clubs, teams, performing groups, and other activities.
- High school readiness, to assist at-risk students through academic support, skill-building, leadership development, and target guidance and mentoring.
Currently funded initiatives:
Innovation Grants (awarded 2009-2010/2010-2011)
- Support for EKG testing at GBN and GBS.
- Sponsorship of GBS German-American Exchange Program participant.
- Technology to enable GBN and GBS debate teams to go “paperless”.
- Scholarships for selected students to attend GBS Latino Summit.
- Support of GBN-GBS “Foodstock” can collection project to be included in Guinness Funding to train 150 GBN and GBS students as academic tutors.
- Support of GBS vegetable garden, with food donations to Northfield Township pantry.
- Funding for joint GBN-GBS Special Olympics volleyball, basketball, track, and soccer teams.
- Four $1000 college scholarships awarded in 2010 to two GBN and two GBS seniors.